Torrance, CA – George Krikorian, President of Krikorian Premiere Theatres, known for providing modern yet elegantly refined megaplex-style theatres throughout Southern California for over 30 years, recently announced plans for a new project to be located in Lexington, Kentucky. With Krikorian’s Starwood Farms in nearby Versailles he is a regular visitor to Lexington. "I got to looking around downtown and there was no sign of a multiplex theater," stated Krikorian. “I believe Lexington is an ideal spot for our first venture in Kentucky.”
Located at the corner of S. Broadway and High Street adjacent to the Rupp Arena, the Krikorian entertainment complex, a 90,000 sq. foot family entertainment destination, will be anchored by a 12 screen movie theatre featuring the state’s first auditorium with a 100ft wide screen and equipped with the latest laser projection technology that will greatly enhance the visual experience. Components of the entertainment complex are to include:
- 12 all-stadium constructed auditoriums outfitted with fully reclining electronic leather seats and offering reserved seating and in-seat food & beverage service that can be ordered in advance online or through the exclusive Krikorian app prior to your arrival at the theatre.
- All auditoriums equipped with Krikorian’s own proprietary Digital 3DX technology and sound systems that will enable customers to see & hear the movies filmmakers intended.
- A 16 lane luxury bowling center.
- A 200 seat open Vegas-style sports bar & bistro dining featuring a 70ft wide events screen with the capacity to showcase a dozen sporting events simultaneously plus broadcast live sports & entertainment events from around the world.
- Sky box style seating within the sports bar providing a unique private event experience.
- A full-service restaurant and in-seat dining services throughout the complex.
- A family fun zone to include mulit-level laser tag arenas along with themed birthday party rooms.
- A gourmet food court featuring wood-fired pizzas, a sausage grill, a coffee bar and specialty pastries & desserts.
With preliminary construction expected to commence in June 2015 and an opening scheduled for May 1, 2016, Krikorian is “excited to become a member in the growing community of Lexington.” Follow the progress at www.kptmovies.com.
April 22, 2015 - Business Lexington: Downtown movie theater complex to begin construction this summer
April 21, 2015 - Lexington Herald-Leader: Cinema complex near Rupp Arena will have 12 screens, bowling alley, restaurant, sports bar
About Krikorian Premiere Theatres
For more than 30 years, Krikorian Premiere Theatres has been offering movie-lovers throughout Southern California state-of-the-art facilities that reflect the grandeur and elegance of the Movie Palaces from the Golden Era. All current KPT locations offer the best in digital projection and sound systems. The company is always on the lookout for the next great innovations. It is the refinement and quality of their theatres and staff that really sets Krikorian Premiere Theatres apart from the competition and what ensures that they can boast that at their theatres, "Movie-going is always a Premiere Event". KPT currently operates 60 screens throughout the L.A. market with more to come soon.
Krikorian Premiere Theatres
310-856-1270 or email@example.com